Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, January 30, 2009

Snow day!


Snow day!
(1/25/09 - 1/31/09)


This week we finally got a snow day! Last year we got one or two but with Jacob only being 5-8 months old last winter I wasn't exactly going to cart him outside in the cold. This year however I bundled him all up in two pairs of pants, two shirts, snow pants, coat, hat, gloves, and snow boots before heading outside for a snow day! I of course pulled a rookie mom move and bought him snow boots in his size only to realize that if you are going to double up on socks then the boots wouldn't fit. I will make sure I don't make that mistake again next year.

Jacob reminded me of that kid from "A Christmas Story" who is so bundled up with clothes that he can't walk without having his arms straight out to the side. When we got outside Jacob did not know what to do in the snow. He HATED walking in it, and hated touching it even more. He did however LOVE LOVE LOVE being pulled around the yard on the sled and very much enjoyed watching other people sled down the hill in our yard.

A few cousins came over to enjoy in Jacob's first sledding experience and after a little while Jacob even let me pull him down the hill and would ride on the laps of different people as they went down. The next day we took Jacob out again and this time walking and touching was not so taboo and he had a lot of fun!


Too bad we for some reason haven't gotten a lot of snow the past few years, I remember when I was younger we would have a bunch of snow days a year and now the kids are lucky to have one the whole year. So I hope that we get some more snow, but if this is the only one this year then I feel comfortable that we made the most of what we got.

1 comments:

James (SeattleDad) said...

What fun! We ordered Lukas a sled and it arrived the other day. Of course now there will be no snow until next year.