Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Is it over yet??




Is it over yet??

(12/28/08 - 1/3/09)


I am sooooo glad that the "Holidays" are almost over. Starting Monday everyone gets back to the grind of work and maybe just maybe my house can get back to normal. Christmas was great, but then came the visiting. Monday was spent hanging out with Jacob's godmother. We had a great lunch and it was a good lunch hangout session. Tuesday was spent visiting Jacob's Grandmother, which was also a good trip. Wednesday was spent trying to get Jacob to take as late a nap as we could so that we could squeeze every last second out of him New Years Eve. We only managed to squeeze out 9:00 but hey that is better than his normal 7:30-8:00 bedtime. With some embarasment I have to admit that I was asleep by 10:30 and for the first time in many many years I actually missed the ball drop to ring in 2009! But I got a heck of a nights sleep so that made it all worth it!

After Wednesday night we FINALLY started to wind down and the next few days were spent playing with Jacob's new toys that he got for Christmas. Paul and I are in the process of changing our "formal living room" which was never ever ever been used into Jacobs playroom. We noticed that by having the play area in the main family room that the TV was starting to be watched waaaayyyy too much. I am a self proclaimed TV-aholic and I also love to have noise in my house, a quiet house drives me nuts so usually the iPod or the TV is always on providing that noise for me. Jacob for the most part would ignore the TV except for when his two favorite shows "Imagination Movers" and "Thomas and Friends" would come on (it used to be Backyardigans and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"). So by moving all of his toys into a room that doesn't have a TV in it he has started caring less about the TV again and will spend 80% of his day playing on his new train table and using his new found imagination.

When the new playroom is done I will post a picture of it, it is still in the process and a few more things need to be purchased and organized but it has been really nice not having EVERYTHING in my family room and being able to contain the chaos a little better!

0 comments: