Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, January 17, 2009

What did you call me??




What did you call me??
(January 17, 2009)

I was thinking the other day that it is really amazing that Jacob has ever learned his name. I am famous for "nicknames" so when I was pregnant I of course knew that Jacob was going to be called Jake.......UH.....YEAH.....NOT!!! I swear the one name that I told EVERYONE Jacob was going to be called was Jake and what ONE NAME does he never get called....JAKE!

But he has many many many other names that he is called, as a matter of fact I think he is called these names more than his given name.

Tater
Sweet Potato
Tater Bug (this is my favorite most used)
Sweetie Pa-teetie
Munchkinater (ala terminator)
Big Man
Love Lump (for some reason I use this a lot too)
Pumpkin-iddles
Silly Silly Pumpkin-illy

I don't know where the H*ll I have gotten half of those names, but I like them!

I never really had a nickname other than Mandy for my given name Amanda but Paul was called a couple things and one has even stuck with his brothers and sisters and that is Poodle.

What are some of the crazy silly names you call your kids?

3 comments:

nonna said...

the g-kid gets called either bugga-boo or booger or buddy by me. the step kids don't have nicknames except for jonathan who i cal joe-nathan just to get his goat :)

Being us... said...

@nonna - Bugga-boo that is a cool one!!

James (SeattleDad) said...

I love nicknames too, and those you have for the Tater are great!

Budlet, or Lukie Long Shanks are Luke's most common nicknames, but really a whole lot of whatever comes out of my mouth at the time.