Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Maybe just this one time! Really.....Just once!


Maybe just this one time! Really.....Just once!

(8/24/08 - 8/30/08)


I have done something that I swore I would never do. The idea that I have given in on this one solid determined rule of mine tells me that I am completely and utterly at the mercy of a 26 pound little cutie pie. What did I do you ask? Well I let my son ride in one of those germ infested, dirty, one wheel wobbly childrens shopping carts. Now to my defense Paul and I went to the grand opening of the new Circuit City in our town and there had probably never been a kid in the cart in question so in turn NO GERMYS! But as with all things with Jacob, if you give an inch he will take approximately 80 miles! It is funny that when you aren't a parent you have these illusions of grandeur about how perfect of a parent you are going to be, I mean hell how hard can it really be? Right??

But then 9 months later (or years later...if it took you awhile to have a kid like Paul and I) you come face to face with this adorable little creation and when he sticks his little finger excitedly into the air and screams with delight at this red car with he HUGE "COME TO ME, PLAY WITH ME" cartoon eyes you find that you are rendered helpless in the situation. And you then realize that you have forgotten all of your "how hard can it be" rules and have but one vocabulary word left in your mind. So you look at your son and say YES! YES YOU CAN RIDE IN THAT CART, and yes I know I am starting a horrible habit that you will want to continue at the supermarket where the carts are greasy, dirty, and muck covered!

Deep Sigh! But I swear that I will not falter on my other rule that I have.....and that rule is that Jake will NEVER play at the community playground at the Mall.....nope......no siree......don't care how much he bats his eyelashes, or gives me a pouty face, or squeals in delight!! Seriously....I swear....Why do I feel that I can hear your thoughts and you are mocking me!!!

0 comments: