Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Week 51 - Gettin' Ready for the BIG Day!

Week 51 - Gettin' Ready for the BIG Day!

(8/3/08 - 8/9/08)

This week has been spent getting ready for the BIG 1st Birthday Party!!!! Of course I know that Jake won't remember anything other than what he can see in pictures years from now, and because I understand that I have not gone overboard for the party. I only got a few decorations: balloons, Winnie the Pooh plates and table decoration, and then a banner that says "Someone is turning one". I am making cupcakes and a few finger foods for the party and only immediate family are invited. Trust me even if that sounds like a lot to you, his 2nd birthday party will be HUGE cause I do love to throw a Parrrrrrtttaaaaaaayyyyy!!!

Paul and I are going today to get Jacob's pictures taken at an actual professional photographers. Every single picture that has been taken of my little tater-bug has been by my own hand. He is very photogenic so it has been easy (and cheap) this first year. He has started doing something when he gets his picture taken (don't ask me where he learned it from) but he will squint his eyes when he gets a picture taken. I guess he feels that he either needs to shield his eyes from the flash or he thinks that squinty eyes means he is smiling harder.....who know what goes through his head! I kinda hope he does it for the pictures today, I know that it would be nice to get one with his HUGE brown eyes, but these pics are for capturing a moment in time and right now his moment is squinting at the camera! (I will post some next week)

Jake also learned a new word this week (we are up to 8 words), he is notorious for eating anything and I mean ANYTHING that is on the floor. I am now vacuuming up to 3 times a day to make sure I get all of the minuscule fuzzies off of the carpet and hardwood floor. Usually when he does this I say UCKY! Well he started telling on himself this week, when he finds something on the floor he will now pick it up, show it to me, say Uh-Kee and then proceed to put it in his mouth........he is such a little goober!!

He also found the steps this week, he can pull himself up on the first step but hasn't figured out how to climb yet. We bought gates and will install them next week when we get this party over with!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel that I am missing so much in my grand-nephew's life! Thank you so much for having the blog that allows me to follow Jake's progress as well as his parents! It bring back so many memories as a first-time parent. It doesn't matter how much you think you know; when you have your own, it's a whole new ballgame. Again, thank you for reminding me of what I went through!