Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Vroom Vroom Cruisin' the Dunes



Vroom Vroom Cruisin' the Dunes

(8/31/08 - 9/6/08)


Have you ever listened to a song and instantly thought that the singer must know exactly what your life is like? Each and every verse and chorus matches your life so perfectly that you will end up playing it over and over and over until you have absolutely worn out its lyrics and become so sick of it that you never want to hear it again?

Well, Jake has now officially gotten his first official "that's my life" song, and Paul and I are in the stages of the playing it over and over and over and over again! The song is from the every popular (and completely awesome) Backyardigans. If you aren't familiar with this show it is on Nick Jr. and it is about 5 kids who play in their familes backyards and use their imagination to create a new adventure for themselves each week. You of course have Pablo the Penguin, Tyrone the Moose, Unique the ???? (crazy alien don't know what she is), Tasha the Hippo, and Austin the Kangaroo.

Over the past few weeks Jake has gotten very independant and has gone from not crawling, to now crawling and "Cruising" all of the furniture. He cruises so much that now that is all he does ALL DAY LONG! It is actually quite nice. I have found that I can now empty the dishwasher, vacuum, and do other chores without having to have him with me or without him being under my feet and getting into somewhere that is dangerous. Just steer him towards the couch, or coffee table and he will run laps around that thing for hours!

I have the DVR system through DirectTV and for those of you who don't have a "TIVO" type device the only thing that I have to say is....unless you want to be addicted, DON'T get one! It has allowed me to tape shows, rewind shows, and basically do anything I want with television. It is AWESOME! I wouldn't know how to go back to not having one now that we have had one for a few years now. So I have the Backyadigans series being taped. So anytime the backyardigans is on the box automatically tapes it. The reason why I tape it is that the Backyardigans is the only show that Jake watches, and we use it as part of our "wind down" routine in the evenings.

The other day an episode called "Surfs Up" came on and it has some of the best songs of any episode that I have seen to date. One of the songs is called "Cruisin' the Dunes" and it matches Jake to a "T" (except it doesn't sound right replacing Dunes with "coffee table"). Here are just a few of the lyrics:

Vroom Vroom Cruisin' the Dunes
Look once I'm hear, Look twice I'm Gone
Vroom Vroom Cruisin' the Dunes
Vroom Vroom Cruisin' the Dunes
Morning, and Evenings, and Afternoons
Vroom Vroom Cruisin' the Dunes

Here is a link to the song, but beware, listening to this song could mean that you will have it stuck in your head and be singing it for the rest of the day!!!


Backyardigans - Cruisin The Dunes

1 comments:

James (SeattleDad) said...

Listening now....ok, you're right I can't get that out of my head. I'm now debating whether to play this for Lukas.

I hear you on the mobility. It does make things a lot easier in a way, but then you also have to watch what they get into!