Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Week 26 - Will you be my Valentine?

(2/10/08 - 2/16/08)

Week 26 - Will you be my Valentine?
There was a lot going on this week. First Jacob and I had a fun filled jam packed week scheduled, Tuesday we were supposed to go to Hagerstown to eat lunch with some friends, and Wednesday we were going to MY GYM to try out our free class with other youngsters, and Thursday was V-Day and we had a Corcoran party over at the Grandparents, and then finally Friday we were supposed to head over to West Virginia to hang out with the Great Grandparents.

Well let me tell you, it didn't start off well. This winter has been extremely mild and there hasn't been much of anything snowy or white to speak of. So of course the one week that I am excited about our schedule we get this freak sleet/freezing rain storm that comes through on Tuesday canceling my plans for Tuesday and Wednesday. But that is OK, I called the My Gym people and we will be going this coming week (stay tuned for details on how that goes).

So needless to say by Thursday Jacob and I both were ready to get out of the house. We went to town to the bookstore and got a few new books for Jacob (my favorite being "Mollywitch does magic tricks" with magic changing pictures) and then went over to the In-Laws for the annual St. Valentines Day party. Friday we headed out again to WV and spent a few hours with my grandparents (Jake's Great Grandparents) it was really good to see them and Jake had a good time.

Jacob has really changed in the past two weeks. He officially sat while supporting himself on his arms for over 3 minutes and even sat without support for about 20 seconds once or twice. Paul and I are very excited to see him growing and changing right before our eyes. He has even started being more social and has started spending time learning and looking instead of worrying about when he is going to eat, pee, or sleep next. As silly as it sounds it is like he has stopped being a newborn and started being a little person with his own unique personality, preferences, and quarks!


On a seperate note, Paul and I are very happy to announce that Jacob has a new second cousin. Cathleen and Tom had their baby boy last week, Thomas Royals Jr. He is doing well and is home with his parents. We wish them the best and can't wait for Thomas and Jacob to meet each other!!

0 comments: