Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, February 8, 2008

Week 25 - Not too far from the tree


(02/03/08 - 02/09/08)

Week 25 - Not too far from the tree!

Well this week I got a nice surprise! Jake was born in to a very very large family, which is very different from what I grew up around. You can fit my entire family in a minivan (that includes, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc....) but Paul's family is a little different.

Paul is the 7th child in a family of 9 brothers and sisters, Jake is the 32nd grandchild in the family (#33 is due next summer). So when Paul and I found out we were expecting I of course wanted to get my hands on all of the baby pictures of Paul so that I could day dream about what my son was going to look like.

WELL.....that didn't exactly happen. I have heard that most second children don't have the pictures and updated albums like the first born children do, so you can imagine what your baby album looks like when you are the 7th child!!! I did get my hands on a picture of Paul when he was about 3 months old, but it was from a distance and it wasn't a very good picture. The next picture I had of him was from when he was 2 years old. He was ADORABLE! But it didn't really help me out in my "imagining"!

So of course once Jake was born I either couldn't tell who he looked like (honestly he didn't look like either of us) or everyone would tell me he looked like me and nothing like Paul.

So yesterday when Paul was out of town on business Jake and I went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner and I was told that a picture might have been found of Paul when he was little. I was soooooooooo excited, and just hoped that it was a good one and not a distorted or distant image. Well as you can see from up top, it was/is a very good picture of Paul. We are estimating his age around 2 months. But the best part about it is that YES Jacob does look like his father (at least when he was 2 months old). So even if he ends up looking more like his mommy than his daddy I at least know that there are definately some Paul traits hiding in there somewhere!

Hopefully you all can see the resemblance too and it isn't just me grasping at straws!! But I think it is pretty obvious, and Paul thinks so too!

So it turns out that the apple didn't fall too far from the tree afterall!!

0 comments: