Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Death of the fuzzy mullet!




Death of the fuzzy mullet!

First let me say that I am the proud mommy of a 16 month old! This week was an interesting week, we got to kill something in the Corcoran house. The death was quick and painless and we were all better because of it.

Jacob was born with absolutely no hair other than this reddish blondish brownish peach fuzz and then a few longer pieces on the back of his neck. As the months have passed his hair has started to come in slowly but surely. He still is no where near a full head of hair and for 16 months old I am really starting to get anxious about being able to give him a cute little haircut. Unfortunately Paul and I both were born with thin hair and didn't get our full heads of hair until after two years old. So Jacob is going to be hair deficient for another half a year or so.

But now comes the problem, that hair that was longer on his neck when he was born has continued to grow.....and grow.....and grow. I have been letting it grow because I wanted to see if it was going to grow into cute little curls. Well the only thing it grew into was a fuzzy mullet! So we had to make an executive decision and give him a mini-haircut! My sister is a beautician so I called her up and she killed the mullet! Jacob instantly looked older and with the fuzziness gone it made him look like his hair was thicker! I LOVE IT!

So Rest In Peace fuzzy mullet! I won't miss you!

0 comments: