Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Joys of Fall!



The Joys of Fall!

(10/5/08 - 10/11/08)


Oh the "Joys of Fall", we have the cooler nights, the milder days, the leaves changing, Fall Festivals, Halloween.........COLDS!!! UGH! Jake has his first cold of the season, and while it isn't a horrible one when it comes to colds/flu Jake is very very wimpy (probably not unlike most babies and some adults I know)! If all of the planets aren't perfectly aligned, if there isn't peace in the world and if Mommy doesn't fix things IMMEDIATELY! There is hell to pay!

You know Paul and I are seriously starting to think that there is a conspiracy against us. I read other blogs of parents who have children right around Jakes age and of course I talk to other parents of children, and it seems that Paul and I just can't catch a break! We FINALLY got Jake sleeping well at night, starting to eat real food again, drinking out of a cup (and not just nursing) and now we have a baby with a boogie nose that wants to wake up every 2-3 hours!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!! Please Please Please someone tell me that eventually all babies sleep???

But the ironic part to all of this is that Paul and I are talking about when a good time for Jake to get a sibling is, but with the way my luck is going I won't get Jake sleeping through the night until I am 9 months pregnant and then BAM!!! I will have another newborn.....

Are dark circles and puffy bags under the eyes in fashion yet??? Cause if they are I could surely be the poster child for them! I know that there is the flu shot out there for the little ones, but I have a real problem injecting anything into my child that isn't really necessary. Is it wrong for me to think things like "We didn't have the flu shot and we all survived"???? This is my new dilema....you go to your doctors and the first thing out of their mouth is "When do you want to get Jake his flu shot"....not "Would you LIKE to get Jake the flu shot" or "Have you thought about getting Jake the flu shot" but WHEN!!! They just assume that you are going to do it, and I for one unless Jake is getting the flu every other week am going to choose to just keep my child out of the cold, limit his exposure to germs, and hope that he survives the Fall and the upcoming Winter!

0 comments: