Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Me and my imagination!



Me and my imagination!

(9/14/08 - 9/20/08)


First let me say that I am the proud mommy of a 13 month old!!! So much has changed since our little one turned a year old. It is almost like a switch was flipped and all of a sudden all of the things that we had been trying to teach him and all of the times when you thought that he just wasn't listening have all decided to show themselves!

Our little guy has quite the imagination, I didn't really think that a one year old would be able to start "imaginative playing" most of the books I have read said that imaginative play doesn't start until around 16 months, but trust me.....JAKE DOES IT NOW!

It is actually pretty darn cute! He does a few things, while in the tub he takes these two fish we have and bounces them (as if they are walking) and pretends like they are making noise/talking to each other. He'll move one and go "da da da da" and then move the other as if in response and go "da da da da"....

We also bought him a tent......yes that's right....a tent! And of course it is right smack dab in my living room, you know the living room that used to be so perfectly awesomely decorated. The one that I used to pride myself on for being so perfectly color coordinated.....



SIGH....oh well.....once you get one peek of him inside the tent hugging all of his stuffed animals and "camping" out with them it makes the new "kid chic" decorating style that I have adopted all worth it! There is also a tunnel that goes with the tent and Jake likes to pull it over top of himself and hang out in there.....he will start talking to himself and occasionaly pop his head out and say "ba" (for boo).

I just love this new stage, it is soooo awesome to see him starting to play with toys the way they are intended and to bring certain toys to me because he wants to play with them. I used to have to guess what he wanted to do and usually it would take me many different toys to finally find something that would make him happy. Now he just tells me "nah" or will bring it to me himself!

1 comments:

James (SeattleDad) said...

Sounds so much like Lukas, who has a tent too by the way! You are preaching to the choir here about how great it is. Enjoy!