Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Week 45 - Two small steps.....no giant leaps!



Week 45 - Two small steps.......no giant leaps!

(6/22/08 - 6/28/08)

As the dreaded day of "mobility" approaches the nervousness and fear of this milestone is slowly kicking in. At 10 1/2 months Jake is still not officially crawling but has now gone from a stationary blob to one that can butt scoot with a purpose in life and get to places fairly quickly and get his hands and mouth onto and into things that his parents would rather he not.

For the past month Jake has tried to "traditional crawl" by rotating his legs to the side, straightening his arms and rocking up onto his knees (there is a video of this). But he has one leg that keeps getting stuck. Well the other day he finally got it unstuck and actually took "two steps". The event shocked me a little because I was clickity clacking on my computer (much like I am now) and Jake was doing his nightly winding down process of taking all of the books off of the bookshelf. I realized that he was right at my feet and when I looked down he was in a traditional crawling position and in a shaky yet determined way I saw it unfold......it was like it was in slow motion.....he moved one arm, then a leg, then wobbled a little, then the other arm, then the other leg. He then fell down onto his belly, but you could tell from the HUGE grin on his face that he was very very proud of himself.

To help the little tator tot along, I decided to put the two stuffed animals in his bed down at the opposite end. This morning when I went in to get Jake he was on his belly and all of the way down at the opposite end of his bed playing with his animals!

I am afraid, I am very very afraid!!! Paul and I are going to Home Depot today to finish getting the rest of our baby proofing items. Like gates and drawer pulls. YEAH!!! (NOT!!)

2 comments:

James (SeattleDad) said...

Great job Jake! Don't worry too much. It is also a lot of fun once they start to walk!

Being us... said...

I am trying not to rush things. Everything happens at its own pace, plus people have told me not to wish him crawling/walking too soon, as then you will have to chase them around! =)