Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Week 44 - THAT'S ENOUGH! SERIOUSLY!!!



Week 44 - That's enough! Seriously!!!

(6/15/08 - 6/21/08)

First let me say that I am the proud mommy of a 10 month old (6/19/08)!! It will soon be time to start the planning for the big one year old party!

This week was Father's day! Paul had a great first Father's Day. The weather was absolutely fantastic so we went over to the in-laws after church for a brunch celebration. Afterward Paul and Jake hung out in the baby pool, flew the kite, and blew bubbles! Overall if was a very nice Father's Day!

Now onto what I really want to talk about. You are reading a blog that is being typed by a woman who feels like she could very well be turning 70 this August instead of 32, and who swears could hear the gray hairs coming last night around 4:00 AM. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY! If there is a tooth fairy out there, PLEASE for the love of all that is holy stop giving my child new teeth!

I read a post from a fellow reader (LIAYF) last week and he was talking about how their son was sleep trained and sleeps through the night and even puts himself to bed. Now this young man is turning one in a few days but they have had success with his sleeping since around 6 months. Paul and I too have always had it very easy when it came to Jake's sleeping habits. I do rock/nurse him to sleep every night, but he would sleep 10 hours so who really cares, I surely didn't. Well the hell that is my sleeping schedule all started about 2 months ago when my gorgeous all gums tiny tot starting getting his first tooth. The first one was bad (so I thought at the time) it required some Tylenol, and a few trips out of bed that night. But as each new tooth has come in (now 9 in all) they have each gotten progressively worse. I am sure in part to the fact that Jake is tired of not getting a full nights sleep as much as his mother is.

Well let me tell you, if the teething Gods are waiting for me to cry uncle....here it is.....UNCLE!!!!!
Last night Jake went to sleep late due to the fact that a shopping trip went long and he fell asleep in the car for a very late nap which he usually doesn't take. But it wasn't a big deal, so he fell asleep at 9:00 instead of 8:00....WHOOPIE! Paul and I headed upstairs to read and watch some TV around 10:00 and finally went lights out around 10:30 ( I know, what a crazy life we have on a Friday night). The rest is how my night went....Up at 11:30, 1:00, 2:30, 4:00, 5:30 and finally up for good at 8:15. Now in between those waking times, Jake would fall back asleep, but his mother (who finally came down and slept on the couch at 3:30) couldn't for her life get back to sleep. So in total I probably got 2 hours of sleep!

I AM DONE!!!! I plan on taking a nap as soon as Jake goes down for his. I hope he take one that is at least 2 hours long!

Wish me luck!!

0 comments: