Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Year Without Santa Claus!

A Year Without Santa Claus!
(December 2009)

This is my favorite time of year, and I was hoping that since Jacob was a little older that he too would start getting into the Christmas spirit. I started playing Rudolf, Frosty, and Santa movies a few weeks ago and Jacob has even started singing Jingle Bells as he walks around the house. So when the time came to go visit Santa I was in high hopes that this year would turn out better than last year. If you don't remember what happened last year here is a quick reminder:


So we made it to the mall and Jacob and Andrew had their matching Christmas outfits on. We were getting a lot of smiles from passing patrons and as we made it closer to Santa Jacob actually got excited. I thought for sure I would be getting a great keepsake this year! I parked the stroller and with Andrew in one arm and Jacob holding my other hand we walked up the ramp to see Santa. Well as soon as we got within 10 feet of Santa Jacob ripped his hand out of mine and started running. I had "Santa's helpers" watch the stroller and I went running after him. By the time I got to him he was crying and saying "CARED MOMMA CARED! (cared=scared)

I talked him down from his hysterics and we made our way back to Santa, Andrew still in one arm, and now Jacob being carried with the other arm (I need to go to the gym, I have two HEAVY boys!). When we got back to Santa Jacob started to freak out again so I got Andrew into Santas arms for the picture and I consoled Jacob 10 feet away! Oh well, it looks like this will be a year without Santa. Next year probably will be too since Andrew will probably freak out next year and Jacob will probably still have a phobia!!!

1 comments:

James (SeattleDad) said...

Poor Jake. Better luck next year. We haven't tried Lukas yet this year so keeping our fingers crossed.

Happy Holidays.