Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ahh! Hoppa!!

Ahh! Hoppa!
(9/8/09)

Jacob is ALL BOY and if anyone would need confirmation of this just simply look at the bruises on his legs, his impressive collection of dinosaurs, balls, and water guns, and of course the fact that I can't keep him from searching for and picking up bugs! Yes bugs! Even dead ones!

The other day he was out searching for Hoppa's (grasshoppers) and he found a few dead ones in the corner of the garage! He of course picked one up and brought it over to me and as most girls do I "shrieked" and told him to put it down because it was dead. Next thing I know Jacob was on a mission to find all of the "Hoppa Die" in the whole garage and make sure he told me that they were "die" as he found them!

Paul and him go "bug hunting" daily and plastic containers with holes punched in the tops are becoming a decoration in my house (much to my dismay). But I can see that Jacob loves it and I would never discourage him from finding and searching out "buh's and bee's" that is what he calls bugs...they are either buh's or bee's regardless of what species they are or of course hoppa's for grasshoppers.

Today Paul was gone for awhile at meetings so it was up to me to go searching for bugs, I was surprised that my 2 year old had no problem picking up grasshoppers and had the reflexes to be fast enough to actually catch them, I didn't know the process of getting the bugs so the only thing I could find in the house ( quickly) was a 2 quart pitcher. Jacob didn't know what to do at first since this is not what he is used to using to catch bugs with his daddy, but he quickly adapted and caught a praying mantis! Which he reluctantly let go in the bushes near the house!




1 comments:

James (SeattleDad) said...

Wow, that thing looked creepy! Great instincts to catch him, and then to empathetically find him a good home.