Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Overly optimistic!

Overly Optimistic!


When I started planning my summer about 2 months ago I decided that I would stay as busy as possible for as long as possible. I remember the summer I was pregnant with Jacob was pretty easy. Other than the AC going out in our house and the heat wave I didn't have too hard of a time being 8-9 months pregnant in July and August.

So I signed up for a few craft classes, play dates, and of course "duckling" swim lessons. I decided that I wouldn't sign up for any classes after the 3rd week of July since I could go into labor any time after 36 weeks (I had Jacob at 37 weeks exactly).

So the "kink" in my plans started with the fracturing of Jacobs leg, and the cast. Jacob is 35 pounds and add an awkward cast into the mix it makes him hard to carry with a huge preggo belly! So I started my "overly optimistic" month of July this week with swimming lessons. I should have realized that a summer of pregnancy with a 2 year old can not in the slightest be compared to a summer being pregnant with no children and the luxury of sleeping and relaxing WHENEVER you want!! DUH!!! ( I am sure that any mother of 2+ children are snickering at that statement right now)

The swim class was ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY MISERABLE!!! The water was -30 degrees below zero (I swear it was like they put ice cubes in it before we got there), and then the swim class was in the 3foot section where I was forced to hold Jacob and try and get him to kick and blow bubbles. So imagine an 8 month pregnant woman having to bend forward while holding a 35 pound child with a cast who is crying because of the freeeeeeezing cold water!!!! UGH!!!! At one point I even felt like I pulled a muscle in my stomach and had to put him on the side of the pool and relax for a few minutes.






We got a few good pictures to prove to Jacob that I did try and involve him in extracurricular activities when he was young, but I have to say that I am not going back and have now wasted the $50 bucks that the class cost.....oh well!!!! I will just be extra frugal the next few weeks to make up for it!

The craft classes are going great and Jacob has started walking on his cast so the 90% carrying has now drastically been reduced to about 40% carrying now that he can walk for decent distances by himself. He gets his cast off in exactly one week and I can't wait to get my crazy 23 month old back!! And of course I can't wait to have this new baby and get back to not having to carrying around an extra 30 pounds of pregnancy weight!!!

0 comments: