Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday (early)


Happy Birthday (Early!)
July 25, 2009

This year Jacob's birthday was handled a little differently than it was last year. As my due date and his birthday are both within days of each other Paul and I decided that although a birthday party almost a month early would usually be silly, in our situation we felt that being able to give Jacob a nice party vs. me going into labor or not being able to have a party at all warranted an early party!

It wasn't hard to think of a theme for the party since the Imagination Movers is the "end all and be all" in Jacob's world right now! Unfortunately Disney hasn't released any "party supplies" that are Imagination Movers themed so it was up to me to use my "imagination" to figure out how to have a themed party without having anything pre-made. The main colors for the show are the primary colors of red, blue, and yellow. So those were the colors for the party, I ended up making Jacob a t-shirt and shorts that have the yellow name tag and Imagination Movers logo on the back, and then I rounded off the party with a homemade gear/sprocket cake since that is the logo for the Movers. Luckily I took a few Wilton cake classes and used some of my tools and skills to make what I think is a pretty awesome birthday cake!





Most gifts given this year were educational gifts and alot of paper, crayons, paints, playdoh which is what I asked for. Jacob is at that age where he is sitting for longer periods of time and "playing" or "coloring". And since Christmas is only a few months away I didn't want tons of toys and then more toys a few months from now. Paul and I got him a parakeet rightly named "weet weet" (Jacob can't say tweet tweet for a bird). He loves the bird and says hello to him every day and we are slowly getting the bird used to us so that Jacob can hold him.

Overall the party was a HUGE success and Jacob loved all of the kids that were there and loved blowing out his candles and eating a HUGE piece of cake! And I loved the party because I was able to focus on it and not worry about being 9 months pregnant and going into labor during the party! ((GRIN))

1 comments:

James (SeattleDad) said...

Happy Birthday to the little...er big, guy!