Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What an eye!

What an eye!
April 8, 2009


This week Jacob got ahold of my camera, and I have to say that I am glad that I live in 2009 and not back in the 70's when I grew up. I remember taking my moms camera and snapping MANY pictures. Back then my mom (not knowing what was on those old rolls of film) would go pay money to get pictures of my feet, the sky, blurry people/places/things. I knew Jacob had the camera and earlier in the day Paul had taken a picture of me to document my ever expanding belly and Jacob wanted to help. So Paul and I taught Jacob which button to push to take a picture. It would have worked out great if Jacob's hands were a little bigger and he didn't have to position himself in such a way to get his thumb or finger on the "trigger" button.

He was having soooo much fun and since I knew that he wasn't putting the camera in any danger I let him shoot away. Here are some of his more brilliant photo captures:


(WOW! Is that what the top of my head looks like?)

(Excellent photo of the ceiling! What a lovely fan!)

(Hmmm....almost has an abstract quality to it!)

(This is me finally saying enough!)

All in all, Jacob took over 80 pictures in just under 5 minutes. It was like his finger was having a spasm over the button. Luckily since we live in the age of digital photography I was able to delete all of them minus a few that were used for this blog. Looks like a childs cheap camera could make it onto the 2nd birthday wish list.....we will see how his new budding career pans out! Between this and the harmonica it should be interesting!

3 comments:

James (SeattleDad) said...

He will absolutely love looking at those later on.

I read about a cat who the owners strapped a camera to and got random pictures. Many came out interesting, as were Jacobs.

Being us... said...

@James - I print the blog off and keep each post as his "baby book" so he will be able to read about this and many other "happenings" later on in life!! I have since had to hide the camera cause he wants to take pics ALL THE TIME!

Anonymous said...

We'll have to let Jake take the pictures at the next family dinner!! Love, Grandma