Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Week 47 - Finally .......ZZZZZZZZZZ....... Sleep

Week 47 - Finally.......ZZZZZZZZZZZZ....... Sleep!

(7/6/08 - 7/12/08)

This week has been pretty good, we don't have Jake back on the perfect sleep schedule yet, but it is better then it has been for the past two months. As anyone who reads this blog knows, Jake started getting teeth 2 1/2 months ago and now has 8 teeth. So pretty much once a week for about 2 months he got a new tooth. These past two weeks have been pretty good with no new teeth popping out in the near future (Can anyone say JINX!).

Back before Jake started teething we had him on a great schedule, he was asleep by 8:00-8:30PM and wouldn't wake up all night until he would get up to start the day around 7:00AM. When the teething started it could range from a bedtime at 7:00, 8:00, 8:30, who knows!!! Then the nightly feedings and/or crying could range from once a night to 5-6 times a night. My worst night these past 2 1/2 months being a few weeks ago when he woke up every two hours like a newborn.

He isn't on a great schedule right now, but it will do. He has been staying up until around 9:00-9:30, and then sleeping through the night until around 7:00-7:30AM.

I think the late bedtime is stemming from the fact that he used to take two 1-1 1/2 hour naps during the day and for the past week he has stretched his first nap of the day to between 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Then his second nap has been coming later in the day inevitably pushing back his bedtime at night.

I don't want to complain, at least I am getting a full nights sleep again, but darn I hope he either learns to skip the second nap or starts going to bed sooner. The hubby and I don't have any time to just hang out and chill before we have to go to bed, I would love at least an hour where I can veg in front of the TV or computer without having to worry about staying up to late, or whether I am going to get enough sleep.

Oh well, I will take what I can get, and right now I am getting 7-8 hours of sleep again!!!

1 comments:

James (SeattleDad) said...

Congrats! Teething can be so disruptive. Lukas is now getting his molars in which just continues the disruption. Hopefully you will get a break before those start coming in as well.