Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Week 38 - Now THAT'S a milestone!!



Week 38 - Now THAT'S a milestone!

(5/4/08 - 5/10/08)

This week was a very special week, Jake's Great-Grandparents celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary on May 8th. They were married waaaaayyyyyyy back in 1948! This is a true milestone that I hope Jake will be able to celebrate in his life as well as Paul and I. But since Paul and I are only celebrating our 7th anniversary on the 12th we have a lot of years to go before we will hit that particular milestone!

Jake and I went to see his great-grandparents on Thursday to take them out to lunch for their anniversary. We had a great time and Jake showed off his many new talents for them. A few more milestones for Jacob were also accomplished this week as well. He is a master of picking up cheerios and feeding himself. That darn "pincer grasp" has been giving him a fit these past couple of weeks but he finally got the hang of it and is a "pincer grasp master"! He has also started to mimic people which is a huge milestone. He likes to copy you when you shake your head in a "no" fashion. It is the most adorable thing. He isn't waving yet, but hey! I am more than happy with what he has accomplished and am so proud of him!

My mother, her fiance, and Paul and I got my grandparents this really awesome gift for their anniversary. It was a gift basket that had many many 1948 memorabilia items in it. When Jake and I were there on Thursday we went through the gift basket with them and they talked about different things that they remembered and how things are different (and waaaaayyyy more expensive) now than how they were back then. Of course the one thing that was on my mind was......How much was gas??? Well there was this book that came with the gift basket that had all of the answers to all of those questions. Here are a few things that I found particularly interesting:

In 1948:
New House: $7,700.00
Income: $2,936.00
New Car: $1,230.00
Movie Ticket: $0.60
Gasoline: $0.16 /gallon (Yes, you are reading that correctly!)
Postage Stamp: $0.03

0 comments: