Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 21, 2008

Week 31 - Pimp My Ride!

Week 31 - Pimp My Ride!

(3/16/08 - 3/22/08)

First let me say that I am the proud mother of a teething 7 month old!!

A few months ago Paul and I realized that we had a baby on our hands that wasn't going to stay small for long. When the 6-9 month clothing was getting purchased when Jake was only 3 months old that was the final HINT that clothing and other "size" items weren't going to stay in the Corcoran house for long! In one of my previous posts I mentioned that there were items that I received for my baby shower that at the time seemed to be the perfect gifts, and in all honesty they were very very nice gifts and more than did what they were designed to do. So when Paul and I were at Jake's 6 month checkup and saw that he had outgrown his carseat we had to start frantically researching for a new and safe way to drive Jake around.

I researched for a long time and found that one carseat kept coming to the top of almost every website and "reviews postings" that I read. The name is BRITAX. I had never heard of them, you usually hear of Graco and Evenflo the most. The one thing that of course jumped out about the Britax seats were their price, they are NOT cheap. But the good thing about them is that they go up to 65 pounds! Now I can't say how long that is going to last Jake, but it sure as heck is going to last longer than 7 months which was all we got out of his baby carseat.

I ended up going with the Britax Marathon carseat. It was extremely easy to install and can install using a LATCH system where it bypasses the seatbelt and uses two hooks/latches that hook directly into the cars frame under the seat. You get absolutely NO side to side movement (something we had with his baby carseat) and it is very comfortable feeling. But do you know that I love about it the most? It had a velcro fastener on the straps so when you are getting Jake out or putting him in the straps don't get caught underneath of him. HOW GENIUS IS THAT!!!!

The one downfall is that Jake is sitting but still isn't really ready for shopping carts. He can tolerate them for short grocery runs or store outings but can't sit in them for long. Also the one thing Paul and I could bank on is that Jake would always fall asleep in the carseat, now even if he is asleep we have to wake him up and get him out of the seat, when we used to be able to carry him inside and sometimes prolong his naps. I guess that is a transition all parents have to make sooner or later, we just have to do it sooner.

I have posted two new videos at the top of the blog, please check them out.

To those of you who have posted comments on this blog, I am sorry but I have stopped using Haloscan for my commenting system (too many problems) so unfortunately I have lost your comments. I love hearing what you have to say so please please please continue to leave me your comments! Now you just have to click on the "comments" link right below each post instead of having it right there handy for you to start typing! Sorry!

0 comments: