Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Week 28 - Staring is not polite!


(2/24/08 - 3/1/08)

Week 28 - Staring is not polite!

Jake and I finally made it to My Gym for our free trial class. When we got there Jake had just gotten up (effects of falling asleep in the car seat) so he wasn't too "with it". We went in and found a spot on the floor with one other mother. Her daughter was 10 months old and could crawl and stand with support so Jacob was watching this "little human" with great concentration. He looked at me once with this "where are we mommy and who are these little people" look on his face. Within a few minutes the class starting filling up with 5 other kids, one other girl, and 4 other boys. The ages of these babies in Jake's class range from 4 months old to 12 months old. We started class with a "Welcome to My Gym" song and then played "Three Little Monkeys"....you know the one......"three little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped his head......." Jake really liked that because as you are singing it you bounce him on your legs and you open your legs and let him fall through when the monkey falls off the bed. After about 10 minutes of different songs and "exercises" we got to play on the gym equipment. They have a ball pit, swings, see-saws (for babies), and many many mats, balls, blocks, toys, animals, puppets, etc for you and your baby to play with. All throughout this "play time" the two teachers Mr. Eli and Ms. ??? (sorry can't remember her name) would play with the kids and help the parents on the various equipment. Finally we were at the end where there is "free play" you are supposed to put your son/daughter in the middle of the floor where there are toys and let them "free play" without you. I couldn't do that since Jake can't sit yet, but as soon as he does I will be leaving him for 5 minutes to see how he plays with the other kids.

Overall it was a very very fun experience. Jake didn't crack a smile the whole time, but that is because he stared at all of the kids the ENTIRE time. I know he had fun, because toward the end there was some semblance of a grin lurking behind that drooling mouth of his.

We registered as members and will be going back again this Wednesday for our second class. I will try and get some pictures of him next week playing (hopefully smiling and not staring).

Onto other news, Jake has started liking his jumper and is starting to be able to hold himself up better while playing in it, and is also starting to sit without support. I have the boppy behind him just in case he falls over but he is doing great at sitting. Also I should have put the BOPPY on last weeks "The Good, The Bad, and The UGLY!" post. It is an awesome invention and I have used it since day one with Jake. I have used it to help me feed him, to hold him while he is sleeping, as a tummy time pillow, and now as a pillow to help Jake while he is learning to sit. My niece just had a baby and that is the one item that I purchased for her (even though she didn't register for it) because I knew that she would love it after she had her baby.

I am also creating an album which I will have linked under my profile at the top right of this website soon. You will be able to see pictures of Jake when he was first born since I didn't start this blog until he was 4 months old.

0 comments: