Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Week 21 - That wasn't steak!





(1/06/08 - 1/12/08)

Week 21 - That wasn't steak!


Well it turns out that I was under the illusion that just because I wanted to exclusively breastfeed for at least 6 months that Jake would lovingly oblige......YEAH RIGHT!

For the past couple of weeks Paul and I have been noticing that Jake watches anyone eating like a hawk. You can actually play cat and mouse with him and he will follow your spoon (or food) all around the place before you actually eat it. He even started grabbing for my water bottle and actually let me put it to his mouth.

Soooooo......I went to the store and bought some rice cereal and figured....WHY NOT!

I am still not going to feed him real food (fruits, and veggies) until he is 6 months but that is only 5 weeks away. I started with 1 Tbsp of cereal with 1 ounce of milk for the first feeding. He was not too happy about it and ate maybe 3 spoonfuls. The next day I decided to let Paul feed him and of course Paul came in with his various "planes, trains, and automobiles" sounds which Jacob loved. He took to eating right away and would even open his mouth for Paul when he knew the next bite was coming. After 4 days he is finally up to eating the whole serving.

I haven't figured out if I am going to stick to just one meal a day but increase the amount of cereal over the next 5 weeks or if I am going to stick with the small serving but start serving it more often until I have 3 meals a day.....hmmmm...decisions....decisions....

All I know is that Paul loves being able to feed Jake (he always felt out of the loop when it came to feeding) and I get a tiny break myself.

Wish us luck!

0 comments: