Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, January 4, 2008

Week 20 - No needles please!

(12/30/07 - 1/05/08)

Is it just me, or is my baby the only one who HATES tummy time? Trust me, Paul and I have tried everything from buying "tummy time mats", floor mirrors, standing on our heads, putting him on the bed and being on the floor so he can see us, but nothing works. HE HATES IT! The only thing/gadget that I did purchase that seems to be helping a little bit is the Lamaze Spin and Explore which helps because since he doesn't quite push himself up on his arms yet it keeps him from face planting onto the mat. He can now tolerate the tummy for a few minutes without crying but still hasn't quite figured out that his arms are there to push up on! Does anyone have any suggestions?? The only reason he is doing as good as he is in the picture is because there are soooooo many pillows under him he can't help but put his arms down.


Well we took Jake to get his 4 month immunization shots.....

Lets just say that I completely believe it, it is harder on the parents than it is on the baby. Last time (2 month shots) he ran a slight fever for 2-3 days and slept ALOT! This time well....he was actually happier than normal the day of his shots and then the next morning he woke up with a slight fever (99.7 taken in the ear) but wasn't really that sleepy like the last time. But then again the last time he was 2 months old and slept more anyway. Paul and I have just made sure he is in comfy clothes and gave him tylenol every 5 hours to help alleviate any crankiness.


I have ONE BIG BOY on my hands. Jake is 4 1/2 months old and is in the 90th percentile for EVERYTHING. He weighed 18 pounds, and was 27" long. Everything checked out fine and he is doing well for his age. He has started teething or should I say drooling buckets so everything including my hair is in his mouth. I found these awesome teething tablets "Hylands Homeopathic Teething Tablets" that work wonders. His "high maintenance" that I mentioned in the last posting seemed to get better when I gave him the tablets, so Paul and I feel kinda silly that it was probably his teething pain all along that had us going crazy!

0 comments: