Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, January 3, 2010

See ya later 2009, and thanks for all the......

See ya later 2009, and thanks for all the...
(January 3, 2010)

When most people think back to 2009 they are going to think about the hard times that most of us had with finances, politics, and just the overall "stinky" impression that 2009 left. I however will remember what a great year 2009 was, and how all of the "thanks" that I have will forever overshadow any hard times that we went through.

Here is a list of my top 10 (although there are many more) things that didn't make 2009 stink!

10) We got to spend our first "family vacation" visiting Thomas the Tank Engine in Baltimore. Hopefully we will have many more vacations in the years to come.

9) Jacob learned to speak and communicate with us about what he did or didn't want. And even started saying Please, Thank you, and Excuse me on his own.

8) We made it through 2009 with only 2 minor colds. Even though we did have a fractured leg, but we were still extremely healthy for the year!

7) We found out that Jacob was going to be a big brother, and he has not only done well but clearly loves his brother. (which is evident with the 50+ kisses he gives him daily)


6) Jacob became much more independent so didn't mind being left with a babysitter. This allowed Paul and I to go out on a few "date nights" without having to worry about getting home within a 2 hour time limit!

5) We joined a playgroup and met other kids and mothers that we get to spend time with weekly.

4) Having a husband that is able to work from home and can spend lunches and some extra time with Jacob, Andrew, and I throughout the day!

3) Grandpa after suffering a stroke Thanksgiving 2008, went through a lot of therapy in 2009 and is able to spend time with Jacob and Andrew almost every day!

2) Jacob learned to say "I Love You" and will (on his own) tell us those three wonderful words randomly throughout the day.

1) I was able to stay home another year with my children. I know that some people aren't able to do this or choose not to, but I will never be thankful enough for the fortune that I have in being able to spend everyday with my kids from the moment they wake up to the time they go to bed. I have truly been blessed!

0 comments: