Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Summer fun and Minivans!!!



Summer Fun and Minivans!
May 22, 2009

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted, but if you read my other blog you will know why. I have been preoccupied and doing a lot of research on things and I haven't had 2 seconds to stop and sit down to post.

With the arrival of the new baby (which we ALMOST have a name for) about 12 weeks away we are starting to get working on getting the house ready. I have to get Jacob's baby clothes out and washed/sorted, we need to purchase a new crib, a new sit-n-stand stroller, and of course......drum roll please........the MINIVAN!!!

We have been researching minivans for the past few months because we knew that we wanted (or needed) something bigger. My 17 year old nephew lives with us too and right now with Jacobs toddler car seat and him in the back of the car there is little to no room for an infant car seat as well. Which left two options, leave my nephew home and not let him go anywhere with us after the baby is born, or get a larger car.....obviously the later is the best option.

We looked at 7 seater SUVs but with two car seats in the 2nd row it would be almost impossible for my nephew to get to the third row. So the only logical choice was a minivan. I have never seen myself as a minivan person but honestly now that I am soon to be a mother to 2 children I have realized that sometimes you have to change your outlook on certain things. And if the ease of use of a minivan saves me time and energy then I guess I am becoming a "soccer mom" with a minivan!

We are now finally in the full swing of summer weather and having fun outside! Paul and I have learned that as long as water is somehow involved Jacob is as happy as a clam! He would probably play with the water hose for 5+ hours if you let him and I am sure he might have already done that on a few days.

We have a new video on the right of the page, check it out!

1 comments:

James (SeattleDad) said...

Sounds very convienient. Great for you.

Let us know as soon as a name is picked out. Looking forward to hearing.