Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I can do it by myself!



I can do it by myself!

11/16/08 - 11/22/08)

First let me say that I am the proud mommy of a 15 month old!!!

I don't have much to write about this week. Unfortunately Jake, Paul, our nephew Dustin (who lives with us) and myself all got a nasty nasty nasty stomach virus this week which pretty much had us laying around on the couch for 3-4 days. Jake got it the worse and was sick for three straight days which of course meant that we were home with him trying to keep him comfortable. Then Tuesday night the rest of the house got sick but we were all better within 24 hours (Thank God!). But as you can imagine the whole week was shot before we knew it.

During our time being sick Jake was forced to play by himself a lot more than normal. Being a stay home mom means that I am here to play with Jake a lot during the day. In a way that is great, but I obviously realize that it can also be bad when Jake wants you with him 24/7. Luckily Jake realized we weren't feeling well (reinforced by him giving a lot of hugs and kisses during our sick day), so he started playing by himself.

He did pretty good, but it is funny to see the baby that you swear isn't old enough to do anything on his own to suddenly not need you. He walked around the house, got his toys out himself, even at one point got me the remote that was just too far out of my reach. The best part of the whole day was when he got out his favorite toy but couldn't find all of the balls that fit in it so he decided that a ball was a ball! He obviously got frustrated when the balls that he tried to use with the toy didn't "bang through"!! We all laughed for awhile and then helped our little guy find the right balls for the toy!

We are all feeling much better now, and are getting ready to head out for a little mini-vacation before Thanksgiving!

0 comments: