Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Week 34 - There's more than the living room floor??



Week 34 - There's more than the living room floor??

(4/6/08 - 4/12/08)

This week was very interesting to say the least. The weather was PHENOMENAL!! Three days this week it was over 72 degrees and sunny! I took Jacob outside on Wednesday for his first real day outside since he was born. Now he has obviously been outside, but since he was born on August 19th, his experiences with the outdoors were nothing more than walking outside to get in the car, or going out to rock on the porch and look at the trees, sky, and birds. Since he was too little to remember (or care) about any of this I don't consider it "enjoying the wild blue yonder". By the time Jake was more responsive we were in the cold part of Fall or in the bitterness of Winter.

So as his mother I felt obligated to do two things this week......
1) Put him down on the grass and see what happens
2) BLOW BUBBLES!!!!
Jake liked one of the two.....can you guess which one? The weather was nice enough that I got to put Jake in shorts and a t-shirt and no socks....I think the whole socks thing is what threw him off. He was soooooo fascinated about these adorable little pudgy wiggly things attached to him that he was more focused on them than on the outdoors. Once he got over that, he stared at the grass for awhile, ripped a few blades out (tried to eat them of course), looked over at me and.............WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

I immediately realized that I needed to fix this scary horrible problem so I did what any mother would do with a crying 7 1/2 month old.......I BLEW BUBBLES!! Crisis averted!!

We also started walking this week, Paul and I got a jogging stroller to take advantage of the acres and acres of land that we have access to but weren't really able to use it. This week we went on three 2 mile walks (what do you expect, I am out of shape!!). Jake seemed to enjoy them and I liked getting out of the house and seeing the world!!

** New pictures have been added to the album, as well as a new video!

0 comments: